Olivier Dion via General Guile related discussions schreef op do 10-03- 2022 om 18:46 [-0500]: > I haven't check the implementation details, but I think it's just a > question of buffering.  `get-bytevector-n` will block just like > `get-bytevector-some` when the port is empty.  The former will return up > to N bytes and the latter might return more than N bytes. I don't think that get-bytevector-some can return more, and it could return less: Return either [...] or a new bytevector containing some of the available bytes (at least one), Also, gnunet-scheme depends on the behaviour of it (*) being able to return less without blocking (in gnu/gnunet/utils/tokeniser.scm). If the behaviour was different, there would have been many test failures. (*) actually, it uses the variant 'get-bytevector-some!' instead of 'get-bytevector-some'. Greetings, Maxime.