unofficial mirror of guile-user@gnu.org
* [ANN] Guile-INI 0.2.0
@ 2021-06-10 18:29 Artyom V. Poptsov
From: Artyom V. Poptsov @ 2021-06-10 18:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello Guilers,

I'm pleased to announce Guile-INI 0.2.0 -- the first version of an INI
format[1] parser for GNU Guile:
  https://github.com/artyom-poptsov/guile-ini/releases/tag/v0.2.0

Also Guile-INI is the first project that uses the Guile State Machine
Compiler (Guile-SMC)[2] to produce the finite state machine for the
parser from a PlantUML[3] state diagram, so you need Guile-SMC version
0.1.0 to compile Guile-INI.

* The list of user-visible changes

Here's an excerpt from the NEWS file:

* Version 0.2.0 (2021-06-10)
** Update to use the new Guile-SMC 0.2.0 API
** Fix default =guilesitedir= and =ccachedir=
   Guile-INI now uses correct values for these variables.

   Thanks to Aleix Conchillo Flaqué
** Check for Guile-SMC
   Guile-INI now checks for Guile-SMC when built.

   Thanks to Aleix Conchillo Flaqué
** Validate the finite state machine
   The FSM in PlantUML format now being validated during compilation.
** Changes in =ini->scm=
   - Allow to read and store comments.
** Changes in =scm->ini=
   - The procedure now accepts the "port" parameter as a keyword.
   - Allow to write comments
** Changes in the =fsm.puml= file
   - Bugfix: =trim_property_key= and =trim_property_value= states now do not
     issue a syntax error when a letter is found.
   - =read_section_title=: Issue syntax errors when an EOF object or a newline
     found.

- Artyom

2: https://github.com/artyom-poptsov/guile-smc
3: https://plantuml.com/state-diagram

--
Artyom "avp" Poptsov <poptsov.artyom@gmail.com>
CADR Hackerspace co-founder: https://cadrspace.ru/

* Re: [ANN] Guile-INI 0.2.0
@ 2021-06-10 19:02 ` Zelphir Kaltstahl
From: Zelphir Kaltstahl @ 2021-06-10 19:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Artyom,

I just want to mention, that I am amazed by the number of libraries/tools you
are outputting. Seems like every now and then a message comes from the Guile
mailing list. Something about some file format. Who made it? Oh, right, it is
from Artyom again. :D Thank you for your contributions to the Guile ecosystem!

Regards,
Zelphir

repositories: https://notabug.org/ZelphirKaltstahl