Le mercredi 21 juin 2023 à 18:25 -0400, Philip McGrath a écrit : > Hi, > > What is the recommended way for a library to customize `equal?` and `equal?` > -based hashing for new datatypes it defines? > > I know from [1] that `equal?` can be customized using GOOPS; however, some > projects do not use GOOPS (e.g. [2]), so it would seem more friendly for a > generic library to avoid it. Also, it is not clear if the same mechanism is > even an option for customizing `equal-hash` to match `equal?`. As far as I can see from the code in libguile/eq.c, GOOPS is the only way, sorry.