unofficial mirror of guile-user@gnu.org
* Summon Guile-Studio in a running Emacs
@ 2021-03-30  9:04 Jérémy Korwin-Zmijowski
From: Jérémy Korwin-Zmijowski @ 2021-03-30  9:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Guile User

Hey Guilers, Rekado,

I am working on a Guix based solution to host remote pair-programming
sessions in Emacs. So I can hack with other Guilers to share knowledge
and fun !

To provide a "follow my pair's cursor" I use the lockstep.el extension.
It requires each pairs to run emacsclient which load the user's emacs
configuration file by default.

I was wondering how I could instead launch guile-studio with
emacsclient and try it in this context.

Cheers !

Jérémy

* Re: Summon Guile-Studio in a running Emacs
@ 2021-03-31 22:11 ` Ricardo Wurmus
From: Ricardo Wurmus @ 2021-03-31 22:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jérémy Korwin-Zmijowski; +Cc: Guile User

Hi Jérémy,

> To provide a "follow my pair's cursor" I use the lockstep.el extension.
> It requires each pairs to run emacsclient which load the user's emacs
> configuration file by default.
>
> I was wondering how I could instead launch guile-studio with
> emacsclient and try it in this context.

Guile Studio currently is merely a custom init script and a wrapper that
makes Emacs load it.  I suspect you could make emacsclient do the same
thing.

Going forward, Guile Studio features should become a minor mode, so that
it can be enabled (and disabled) more easily even from within an
existing Emacs session.

--
Ricardo

* Re: Summon Guile-Studio in a running Emacs
@ 2021-04-01 11:50   ` Jérémy Korwin-Zmijowski
From: Jérémy Korwin-Zmijowski @ 2021-04-01 11:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ricardo Wurmus; +Cc: Guile User

Le jeudi 01 avril 2021 à 00:11 +0200, Ricardo Wurmus a écrit :
> Guile Studio currently is merely a custom init script and a wrapper
> that
> makes Emacs load it.  I suspect you could make emacsclient do the
> same
> thing.

Thank you for the details. I will copy guile-studio's init script and
try to add my own conf related to Guile into it !

> Going forward, Guile Studio features should become a minor mode, so
> that
> it can be enabled (and disabled) more easily even from within an
> existing Emacs session.

That would be handy !

Jérémy