On Mon, Mar 20, 2023 at 12:18:31AM +0100, Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide wrote: > > writes: > > > which has tried to be free (in both senses). For images, there is > > Stable Diffusion (disclaimer:I don't know much about them). For > > raw data, there's Common Crawl [3], which is Stable Diffusion's > > Stable diffusion has one of the most evil licenses I’ve read till now: > using its images seems to be allowed for almost all proprietary uses, > but illegal for free culture use. See the explicit questions about that > here: https://github.com/CompVis/stable-diffusion/issues/131 Oh, I wasn't aware of that. Thanks for reading the small print for me. [...] > No answer from the developers. No wonder. I think this is a questio for the VCs and their lawyers. Seems like a distopia set up to maximise the "value" of the shed for the day some Big One feels compelled to buy them -- the well known pattern seen with WhatsApp, Github and all of those. Sad. Cheers -- t