On Wed, Dec 29, 2021 at 02:52:20PM -0500, Thompson, David wrote: > Hi Sai, > > On Wed, Dec 29, 2021 at 1:14 PM Sai Karthik wrote: > > > > Hello everyone! I'm new to guile. I am exploring the language since a > > couple of days. It would be nice to have option to produce such binaries > > for programs built using guile (like with golang & some more langs). > > That is not possible. Guile is currently dependent upon having a > bytecode interpreter installed on the machine that is running Guile > programs. The good news is that native compilation is something that > the Guile maintainers have planned for the future, which would enable > things like self-contained binaries. On top of that, GNU libc is (at least in parts, libnss I think) dynamically linked anyway, AFAIK. My hunch is that Guile's core depends on GNU libc. Cheers -- t