On Wed, Dec 28, 2022 at 02:22:16PM +0100, Sascha Ziemann wrote: > I spent my Christmas vacation playing with XML and tree traversal. And > I have observed some strange timings, while measuring the execution > time of different algorithms. My test file is the XCB XML schema: [vector version slightly slower than lists] This is interesting. Have you tried profiling? Sometimes it's as easy as saying ,profile (my expression) at the Guile repl. (I'm not looking into the code, since I try to avoid Github when I can). Cheers -- t