On Wed, Nov 02, 2022 at 06:15:15PM +0000, dsmich@roadrunner.com wrote: > > From: "Vivien Kraus" > > To: "guile-user" > > Sent: Wednesday November 2 2022 12:38:05PM > > Subject: Fibers web server: use multiple server sockets > > > Fibers is a library that I would very much like to use. It provides > a > > nice web server. However, as I recently discovered, in a standard > > GNU/Linux server, not all network interfaces and addresses are up > when > > the server is about to start (especially so with dhcp). I have a > nice > > solution for that: every now and then, the server calls getaddrinfo. > > How about not starting the web server until network interfaces are > fully up? As far as I understand Vivien, interfaces come and go during the server's lifetime. I.e. it's not just a "boot" thing. This seems like a valid use case. You could, of course, restart the server every time an interface moves... Cheers -- t