On Monday, April 18th, 2022 at 10:48 AM, Zelphir Kaltstahl wrote: > I like the documentation style in the doc string you are proposing. Not sure I > will always go to that length myself, but it would probably be a good practice. > Just like you said, for generating auto-generating things like API docs. Btw.: > What is the standard tool in the Guile ecosystem to do that from doc strings > like yours? None that I know of :) But I see there are pieces around that could make it possible to generate documentation [semi]automatically: + procedure-documentation (https://www.gnu.org/software/guile/manual/guile.html#Procedure-Properties) + (scheme documentation) module from guile-lib (https://www.nongnu.org/guile-lib/doc/ref/scheme.documentation/) + (ice-9 documentation) module (https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guile.git/tree/module/ice-9/documentation.scm) + guild doc-snarf command (although this one doesn't generate any output when passing a module with docstrings) > Also thanks for the C-c C-d C-d hint. I did not know the shortcut. You're welcome :)