unofficial mirror of guile-user@gnu.org
* Guile under win32
@ 2002-03-12 20:43 Chris Frost
From: Chris Frost @ 2002-03-12 20:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'd like to use guile for in a win32 program: I found a distribution
of guile 1.4, but upon entering gh_enter() I get an error message saying
it was unable to find the file "ice-9/boot-9.scm"; however, the ice-9 directory
is in the directory of the program being ran so it should find this file.
I realize this seems more like a msvc++ question, but does anyone have
any suggestions that might stem from possible-guile-issues?

I obtained guile (and libregex.dll) for win32 from here fwiw:
http://www.textsure.net/~ela/download/

tia!
--
Chris Frost  |  <http://www.frostnet.net/chris/>

* Re: Guile under win32
@ 2002-03-12 21:31 ` Chris Frost
From: Chris Frost @ 2002-03-12 21:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Fwiw I also looked in the guile list archive. I did find the same question
(posted in 1997), but no answers at the time.

thanks again,
--

@ 2002-03-13 14:23 ` Brian
From: Brian @ 2002-03-13 14:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Do you have your GUILE_LOAD_PATH environment variable set?

@ 2002-03-13 18:01   ` Chris Frost
From: Chris Frost @ 2002-03-13 18:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, Mar 13, 2002 at 08:23:33AM -0600, Brian wrote:
> Do you have your GUILE_LOAD_PATH environment variable set?
It was not, thanks!

Now that I have guile going under win32, I'd like to use it with Microsoft's
MFCs. I found the thread on this list from 1998 which seemed to basically
say it wasn't doable, is this still the case?

thanks again,
--

@ 2002-03-13 18:49     ` Brian
From: Brian @ 2002-03-13 18:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Now that I have guile going under win32, I'd like to use it with
> Microsoft's
> MFCs. I found the thread on this list from 1998 which seemed to basically
> say it wasn't doable, is this still the case?
>
> thanks again,
> --
> Chris Frost  |  <http://www.frostnet.net/chris/>

Not sure why it would not be doable.  Maybe because, in the past, libguile
had to be initialized right at program startup, (scm_boot_guile).  That's
not the case as of 1.5.??.  Look at scm_init_guile.  Also, read the section
on Guile Initialization Functions at http://www.lilypond.org/wiki/?Guile.