unofficial mirror of guile-user@gnu.org
* Flushing a buffer
@ 2002-04-03 14:34 Brian
From: Brian @ 2002-04-03 14:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

How can I flush an output buffer in guile?  Is there something like
(flush-output-port ...)???

Thanks,
Brian

* Re: Flushing a buffer
@ 2002-04-03 18:26 ` Joshua Judson Rosen
From: Joshua Judson Rosen @ 2002-04-03 18:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: guile-user

On Wed, Apr 03, 2002 at 08:34:01AM -0600, Brian wrote:
> How can I flush an output buffer in guile?  Is there something like
> (flush-output-port ...)???

There's force-output, described in the `Input and Output' section of
the Guile reference-manual (at least, in manual that I got with 1.5.4).

--
"A `No' uttered from deepest conviction is better and greater than a
`Yes' merely uttered to please, or what is worse, to avoid trouble."

* Re: Flushing a buffer
@ 2002-04-03 18:41 ` Sam Phillips
From: Sam Phillips @ 2002-04-03 18:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, Apr 03, 2002 at 08:34:01AM -0600, Brian wrote:
> How can I flush an output buffer in guile?  Is there something like
> (flush-output-port ...)???

http://www.glug.org/docbits/guile-doc-out/html/guile-1.4/guile_14.html#SEC186

primitive: force-output [port]
    Flush the specified output port, or the current output port if port
    is omitted. The current output buffer contents are passed to the
    underlying port implementation (e.g., in the case of fports, the
    data will be written to the file and the output buffer will be
    cleared.) It has no effect on an unbuffered port.

--
Sam Phillips <sam@dasbistro.com>                http://www.dasbistro.com
Reno                                                              Nevada