unofficial mirror of guile-user@gnu.org
* wikid demo revived
@ 2002-10-22  2:34 Thien-Thi Nguyen
From: Thien-Thi Nguyen @ 2002-10-22  2:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

folks,

turns out glug.org is able to host a wikid instance after all, using
"cgiwrap" (a variation on "suexec" apparently).  for now, the rebirth
of wikid demo is running under:

    http://www.glug.org/wiki/

using:

    guile-1.4.1.91 (http://www.glug.org/tmp/2002-10/)

    wikid-0.83 (wikid.cgi slightly modified to handle `recvfrom!'
	        impl not filling in the static scm_addr_buffer --
		tsk tsk.  i see that guile HEAD fixes this, so
		that will be back ported.)

    guile-gdbm-0.0.4ttn1 (http://www.glug.org/tmp/2002-10/)

    ttn-pers-scheme-0.31 (usual place)

its use is, as it was a year ago, rather plain.  however, wikid admin
has improved somewhat (along w/ docs):

    $ mkdir -p ~/etc/wikid.conf
    $ cd ~/etc/wikid.conf
    $ cp ~/local/share/wikid/wikid.conf demo
    $ [edit demo]				# see below
    $ wikid-admin -C demo init
    $ wikid-admin -C demo start
    (p . 0)
    0.079664 seconds

the "demo" config is below.  the seed-data -- two pages plus a few extra
urls -- is from the wikid distribution (used if "wikid-admin init" does
not specify any seed data files).  probably the mkdir...cp steps could
be made into another wikid-admin command (patch welcome).  usual pidfile
and logfile config+impl patches welcome (don't forget to do autokick
from the cgi on daemon awol), too.  last piece required for 1.0 release
would be handling SIGUSR1, say, to dump the db as a .tgz somewhere.
this i reserve for myself (for learning) unless your patch is super-well
commented.  and of course, 2.0 will use GNU serveez.

ok, back to wrapping my head around lang/lr1.scm....

thi

_______________________________
;;; demo WIKID configuration	-*- scheme -*-

(demo
 (dispatch      . "/bin/demo.wikid.cgi")
 (fs-cgi        . "/home/ttn/public_html/cgi-bin/demo.wikid.cgi")
 (port          . 9092)
 (max-msg       . 16384)                ; 16 kilobytes
 (var-dir       . "/home/ttn/public_html/cgi-bin/var/demo.wikid/"))

;;; demo WIKID configuration ends here

* wikid demo revived
@ 2002-10-22  2:45 Thien-Thi Nguyen
From: Thien-Thi Nguyen @ 2002-10-22  2:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

oh yeah i forgot one step:

  $ wikid-admin -C demo index > ~/www.glug.org/wiki/demo-index.html

lastly, the page http://www.glug.org/wiki/index.html was hand-generated.

thi

* Re: wikid demo revived
@ 2002-10-22 15:59 ` news
From: news @ 2002-10-22 15:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thien-Thi Nguyen <ttn@giblet.glug.org> writes:

> turns out glug.org is able to host a wikid instance after all, using
> "cgiwrap" (a variation on "suexec" apparently).  for now, the rebirth
> of wikid demo is running under:
>
>     http://www.glug.org/wiki/
>
> using:
>
>     guile-1.4.1.91 (http://www.glug.org/tmp/2002-10/)
>
>     wikid-0.83 (wikid.cgi slightly modified to handle `recvfrom!'
> 	        impl not filling in the static scm_addr_buffer --
> 		tsk tsk.  i see that guile HEAD fixes this, so
> 		that will be back ported.)
>
>     guile-gdbm-0.0.4ttn1 (http://www.glug.org/tmp/2002-10/)
>
>     ttn-pers-scheme-0.31 (usual place)

Exciting!  Thanks.