unofficial mirror of guile-user@gnu.org
* 1.4.x anonymous cvs available
@ 2002-09-28 23:27 Thien-Thi Nguyen
From: Thien-Thi Nguyen @ 2002-09-28 23:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

folks,

for anyone interested in anonymous cvs access to 1.4.x hacking, the
following commands should get you set up:

  CVSROOT=':pserver:anonymous@cvs.glug.org:/home/ttn/cvsroot'
  export CVSROOT
  cvs login		# just type RET here
  cvs co hack
  cd hack
  ( cd scripts ; make gscripts="../guile-core/scripts" gscripts-symlinks )
  cd guile-core
  sh -x autogen.sh
  mkdir ../guile-core.b
  cd ../guile-core.b
  ../guile-core/configure --prefix /tmp/a/b/c --without-readline
  make && make check
  make install && make installcheck
  strace -e open /tmp/a/b/c/bin/guile -c '(quit)'

the repo is updated hourly, at this time.  yeah, i know: i should have
looked into using arch, but my ISP admin is sort of old-school and i
didn't want him to freak out (just yet ;-).  if anoncvs works we will
find a way to use arch in the future.

thi

* Re: 1.4.x anonymous cvs available
@ 2002-09-29 18:53 ` MJ Ray
From: MJ Ray @ 2002-09-29 18:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thien-Thi Nguyen <ttn@giblet.glug.org> wrote:
> looked into using arch, but my ISP admin is sort of old-school and i
> didn't want him to freak out (just yet ;-).  if anoncvs works we will
> find a way to use arch in the future.

I think what you will need to do is to find arch, get the sftp patches, get
sftp to the server and it should work.  However, arch is still very slow in
a couple of common places, so if you have time (hah!), then you should
probably work on speeding them up if you're going to use it for Real Work.

---|--[ Luminas internet applications http://www.luminas.co.uk/ ]-----|
   `--[ http://mjr.towers.org.uk/ ]---------[ slef at jabber.at ]-----'

* Re: 1.4.x anonymous cvs available
@ 2002-09-30 23:26   ` Thien-Thi Nguyen
From: Thien-Thi Nguyen @ 2002-09-30 23:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: guile-user

   From: MJ Ray <markj@cloaked.freeserve.co.uk>
   Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2002 18:53:55 GMT

   [tips] [...] arch is still very slow in a couple of common places, so
   if you have time (hah!), then you should probably work on speeding
   them up if you're going to use it for Real Work.

perhaps arch will be speedy enough by the time i get around to using it.
thanks for the tips.

thi