2016-02-05 17:44 GMT+01:00 Christopher Allan Webber : > Panicz Maciej Godek writes: > > >> CC BY-SA 4.0 is actually what I've been thinking about. > > I will add the legal notice by the end of the day (I only realized the > lack > > of it while I was writing the announcement) > > > > > >> I see there's a copy of the GPL included with it; is it thus also > >> licensed under GPL v3 or later? > >> > >> > > I see you're an expert, so perhaps you could explain to me what would the > > implications be. > > My original intent was to publish the software that comes along with the > > book under GPL v3, because AFAIK GPL regards software, but if there's > more > > to it, then it would be nice to know > > > You can dual license it under CC BY-SA 4.0 and GPLv3 or later, which is > what I'd recommend. CC BY-SA 4.0 is GPLv3 compatible, but not "or > later", and I think having an "or later" in anything GPL'ed is a good > idea. > > For now I've updated legal notice so that now the book contains information about the CC BY-SA 4.0 license. Although I have nothing against applying the dual license, I used the "doclicense" LaTeX package to generate the information, and I don't know how to handle such use case. Maybe I will fight with that later, but I guess that the code snippets will sooner or later become a part of the repository that is already GPLv3+ > I've loaded the book on my e-reader, look forward to reading it! > I hope you have a pleasant read! :)