unofficial mirror of guile-user@gnu.org
From: Panicz Maciej Godek <godek.maciek@gmail.com>
To: Keith Wright <kwright@keithdiane.us>
Cc: "guile-user@gnu.org" <guile-user@gnu.org>
Subject: Re: An impudent introduction to impudence
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2016 07:29:35 +0100	[thread overview]

> Panicz Maciej Godek <godek.maciek@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > (I wonder whether we should switch to private correspondence, or
> > doesn't anyone mind having such updates here?)
>
> I would think so.  Thanks for telling us about
> this project, it's interesting to read somebody
> who cares about writing on a programming list.
>
> For example:
>
> Here are a couple of program/diatribes I have
> been working on:
>
> How can literate programming be done in Scheme?
> http://www.free-comp-shop.com/pprint.html
>
> Why does a dodecahedron have twice as many faces as a cube?
> http://www.free-comp-shop.com/poly.html

This is exquisite!
I habe been thinking about something similar -- namely an editor that would
allow to typeset the Scheme code according to one's preferences (for
example, arithmetic expressions could be infixed, division could be written
as fractions, (list-ref l i) as $l_{i}$, and so on. I don't think it would
actually be useful, but it could shut the mouth of parentheses-haters
(which isn't particularly motivating though)

Please email me off list if you want to discuss
> spelling, semantics, metaphysics, or geometry.
>
> Oh, I certainly will (in a few days), but I rather hope to discuss
typography, epistemology and dynamic systems :)
Thank you!