I am satisfied with the approach taken by R7RS of being both small and large. Le sam. 19 janv. 2019 à 22:39, John Cowan a écrit : > > > On Fri, Jan 18, 2019 at 3:20 PM Ivan Raikov > wrote: > > >> Isn't the difference with R6RS that R7RS-large draws extensively on >> SRFIs which are indeed attempts to codify existing practices? >> > > SRFIs don't always codify existing practice, including the SRFIs drawn on > in past, present, and future R7RS-large ballots. The original intention > of the > Steering Committee, I think, had nothing to do with SRFIs; I simply decided > when writing the charter (which the committee approved) to leverage both > existing and to-be-written SRFIs in order to be able to create R7RS-large > piecemeal, which has always seemed to me the only practical approach. > > That said, SRFIs often do refer to existing implementations, or > implementations > of languages other than Scheme. > > >> >> On Thu, Jan 17, 2019 at 5:15 PM Per Bothner wrote: >> > >> > On 1/16/19 6:27 AM, John Cowan wrote: >> > > So what is happening is that people are voting for more rather than >> less, as with the Red Edition. This encourages me that I'm going in a >> sensible direction with the large language. >> > >> > For the record, I'm extremely leery of the more-is-better approach. >> > We seem to be adding a large number of very large APIs, which seems >> > to be contrary to the Scheme ideal of small well-chosen primitives >> > that work synergistic well together. People were unhappy with R6RS >> > because of its size and that so much of it was invention rather than >> > codifying existing practice. R7RS-large is the same - but much more so. >> > -- >> > --Per Bothner >> > per-ENPyne5uQy1BDgjK7y7TUQ@public.gmane.org http://per.bothner.com/ >> > >> >> -- >> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups >> "scheme-reports-wg2" group. >> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an >> email to scheme-reports-wg2+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org >> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. >> > -- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups > "chibi-scheme" group. > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an > email to chibi-scheme+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org > To post to this group, send email to chibi-scheme-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org > Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/chibi-scheme. > For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. > -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "chibi-scheme" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to chibi-scheme+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To post to this group, send email to chibi-scheme-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/chibi-scheme. For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.