unofficial mirror of guile-user@gnu.org
From: "Thompson, David" <dthompson2@worcester.edu>
To: Jack Hill <jackhill@jackhill.us>
Cc: Guile User <guile-user@gnu.org>
Subject: Re: [EXT] Use Chickadee to render animation to file?
Date: Fri, 27 May 2022 16:10:07 -0400	[thread overview]

Hi Jack,

This is an interesting use case! It's certainly possible, but would require
some work. It would probably look something like this: Render the scene to
a framebuffer texture, copy the pixel data from the GPU, and pipe it to a
video encoder. Chickadee's texture API doesn't yet provide any procedures
that allow you to access the raw pixel data, so that would need to be added
first. It would be a little clunky because you'd have to wait for the
animation to finish in real time since it's not a real animation tool but
it would work. Feel free to give it a shot and let us know how it goes!

- Dave