unofficial mirror of guile-user@gnu.org
* Haunt 0.2.6 released
@ 2022-01-26 13:26 Thompson, David
From: Thompson, David @ 2022-01-26 13:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Guile User

Hello everyone,

Haunt version 0.2.6 has been released.  This release restores
compatibility with Guile < 3.0 that was accidentally broken in 0.2.5.
Additionally, Haunt now uses the inotify API to watch for file changes
on Linux when running `haunt serve --watch`, replacing a slower and
more naive approach.

Haunt is a static site generator that uses the Guile Scheme as its
configuration language.  It aims to be simple, functional, and
extensible.

Features include:

* Easy blog and Atom/RSS feed generation
* Markdown post support
* Simple development server for viewing edits before publishing
* Purely functional build process
* User extensibility

Source tarball: https://files.dthompson.us/haunt/haunt-0.2.6.tar.gz

GPG signature: https://files.dthompson.us/haunt/haunt-0.2.6.tar.gz.asc

See https://dthompson.us/projects/haunt.html for more information.

Happy haunting!

* Re: Haunt 0.2.6 released
@ 2022-02-07 14:02 ` pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)
From: pelzflorian (Florian Pelz) @ 2022-02-07 14:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thompson, David; +Cc: Guile User

Hi David and thank you for the new Haunt release.

On Wed, Jan 26, 2022 at 08:26:19AM -0500, Thompson, David wrote:
> Haunt version 0.2.6 has been released.  This release restores
> compatibility with Guile < 3.0 that was accidentally broken in 0.2.5.

You need not care about it on old Guile IMHO, but in case you do,
check is buggy now.

guix shell --container -D guile2.2-haunt autoconf automake
./bootstrap
./configure
make
make check

The problem is that tests/helper.scm’s test-end returns unspecified.
This also breaks the check for haunt-0.2.6 on Parabola GNU/Linux-libre.

This seems to be a bug in Guile’s SRFI-64 implementation, fixed with
the later Guile commit f10bc1a86.  If I change Guix to use a patch of
the first hunk of that commit for Guile@2.2.7, it works.

Note that

guix build guile2.2-haunt \
--with-source=guile2.2-haunt='https://files.dthompson.us/haunt/haunt-0.2.6.tar.gz'

does not run tests at all according to its log file.  Neither does
guix build haunt.

Sorry for reporting this late.

Regards,
Florian

* Re: [EXT] Re: Haunt 0.2.6 released
@ 2022-02-07 14:06   ` Thompson, David
From: Thompson, David @ 2022-02-07 14:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pelzflorian (Florian Pelz); +Cc: Guile User

Hey Florian,

Thanks for the report. Yeah, Guile has made incompatible SRFI-64
changes in recent releases. I've chosen to prioritize having a working
test suite for the current version of Guile since that's what I
develop and test against.  The Guix package probably disabled tests
due to this same incompatibility and when they update they could
probably be enabled.

- Dave