unofficial mirror of guile-user@gnu.org
* [ANN] Spritely Goblins 0.13.0 released!
@ 2024-04-23 19:10 Thompson, David
From: Thompson, David @ 2024-04-23 19:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Guile User

Hey Guilers!

On behalf of the Spritely Institute, I'm happy to announce that
Goblins 0.13.0 has been released! Goblins is a distributed object
programming environment that provides an intuitive security model,
automatic local transactions for locally synchronous operations, and
an easy to use and efficient asynchronous programming interface for
encapsulated objects which can live anywhere on the network. Our goal
is to make secure, distributed programming easy!

This release has two major new features:

1) A powerful new object persistence mechanism to save your running
programs to disk and wake them up later
2) A new abstraction which makes writing IO code much easier

For all the exciting details, check out our blog post!

https://spritely.institute/news/spritely-goblins-v0130-object-persistence-and-easier-io.html

Inside you'll find a fun video demonstrating persistence using a space
shooter game, some code examples, and two pieces of wonderful artwork!

I'd also like to highlight the recent announcement that NLnet has
funded a project to incorporate Goblins into GNU Shepherd, the init
system used by Guix:

https://nlnet.nl/project/DistributedShepherd/

That's all for now. If you build anything with Goblins, we'd love to
hear about it!

- Dave

only message in thread, other threads:[~2024-04-23 19:10 UTC | newest]