unofficial mirror of guile-user@gnu.org
* [ANN] guile-websocket 0.1 released
@ 2022-11-13  1:31 Thompson, David
From: Thompson, David @ 2022-11-13  1:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Guile User

Hello Guilers,

I'm slightly embarrassed but also pleased to announce the release of
guile-websocket 0.1!  It's an implementation of both the client and
server sides of the WebSocket protocol as specified in RFC 6455.

I wrote this code back in 2015 because I actually had time to hack
back then and also because I realized that the WebSocket spec was very
readable and not that complex... then I never released it.  A version
of it built from Git made it into Guix in 2020. Most recently, Aleix
asked if I'd make a proper release sometime.  That time is now!  It
seems that a few people have been able to make use of the code over
the years, so it can't be all that bad!  There's currently no manual,
but hey it's better than nothing and the API is quite small.

Download links and a little code sample can be found on the project
home page here: https://dthompson.us/projects/guile-websocket.html

Thanks to Janneke for contributing a bunch of improvements/fixes over
the past several years and to Aleix for pushing me to release it
properly.

May all your sockets have webs,

- Dave