unofficial mirror of guile-user@gnu.org
* finding Guile
@ 2019-01-18  8:48 Catonano
From: Catonano @ 2019-01-18  8:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Guile User

I opened a new ticket on the guile-hall repo
https://gitlab.com/a-sassmannshausen/guile-hall/issues/4

I remind everybody that guile-hall is an attempt to create a command to
create and manage Guile based projects instrumented with the Autotools

I found a symptom but I can't properly diagnose the cause.

Maybe Alex already knows how to fix this. I opened it right now

But I'd appreciate any help

Thanks

* Re: finding Guile
@ 2019-01-20  4:37 ` Aleix Conchillo Flaqué
From: Aleix Conchillo Flaqué @ 2019-01-20  4:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Catonano; +Cc: Guile User

On Fri, Jan 18, 2019 at 12:49 AM Catonano <catonano@gmail.com> wrote:

> I opened a new ticket on the guile-hall repo
> https://gitlab.com/a-sassmannshausen/guile-hall/issues/4
>
> I remind everybody that guile-hall is an attempt to create a command to
> create and manage Guile based projects instrumented with the Autotools
>
> I found a symptom but I can't properly diagnose the cause.
>
> Maybe Alex already knows how to fix this. I opened it right now
>
> But I'd appreciate any help

I added a comment to the issue. I sent a patch to fix this in December.

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guile-devel/2018-12/msg00002.html

Not sure who needs to accept it or when it will be accepted.

Hope this helps.

Aleix

* Re: finding Guile
@ 2019-01-21  9:18   ` Alex Sassmannshausen
From: Alex Sassmannshausen @ 2019-01-21  9:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Aleix Conchillo Flaqué; +Cc: Guile User

Hi Aleix,

Thank you very much for contributing to this conversation.  I feel this
is indeed the correct approach to solving this problem — Guile Hall
relies on the full autotools infrastructure to manage projects.  I want
it to just use the guile.m4 provided by Guile, rather than maintaining
my own.

I will add my voice to seeing if we can get that patch merged into Guile
Core.

In order to support Ubuntu & potentially other distributions whilst the
patch is not yet merged, I will temporarily add a guile.m4 generator in
Hall.

Cheers,

Alex