Do you plan to write everything on guile? is it possible? On Sun, Feb 12, 2012 at 9:51 PM, Mike Gran wrote: > > > Hello- > > In response to Ludo's request for a Guile-2.0 anniversary hack, I'll > start by offering a release of a hack I made. But this isn't my > official hack: it is just a building block. > > Zile-on-Guile is a version of GNU Zile that uses GNU Guile as an > extension language. The original GNU Zile was a small editor in the > style of GNU Emacs and it has its own tiny embedded Lisp interpreter. > I've replaced that interpreter with Guile. > > You can find the download at > > https://github.com/downloads/spk121/zile/zile-on-guile-0.0.tar.gz > > This is a 0.0 release, so if it even builds on anyone else's machine, > I'd be totally surprised. > > You can find the Git repository at > > https://github.com/spk121/zile > > The Guile extension can be accessed this way. > > -- Pressing Alt+C brings up a REPL. You can do all your standard REPL > things. > > -- In the REPL, one can create and bind new commands. Define a > procedure of zero arguments, export it, and then bind it to a key > using 'set-key'. > > For example: > > (define (blammo) > (insert "blammo")) > (export blammo) > (set-key "\\F9" 'blammo) > > This creates a function that inserts the world "blammo" at the mark > whenever is pressed. > > -- And, if really you wanted to, you could edit your current buffer in > the REPL > > For example: > > (insert "here is some text") > (forward-char) > > But that would just be silly. > > Thanks, > > Mike Gran > >