Pro tip, when running this on guile the scheme code that it compilse to is located in log.txt. If you ,opt the resulting code in a guile session you might be able to pinpoint issues that delays the code execution. On Sat, Apr 24, 2021 at 12:04 PM Mikael Djurfeldt wrote: > (I should perhaps add that my script doesn't benchmark the object system > but rather loops, conditionals and integer arithmetic.) > > Den fre 23 apr. 2021 17:00Mikael Djurfeldt skrev: > >> Hi, >> >> Yesterday, Andy committed new code to the compiler, some of which >> concerned skipping some arity checking. >> >> Also, Stefan meanwhile committed something called "reworked object >> system" to his python-on-guile. >> >> Sorry for coming with unspecific information (don't have time to track >> down the details) but I noticed that my benchmark script written in Python, >> and which computes the 20:th Ramanujan number, now runs 60% faster than >> before these changes. >> >> This means that python-on-guile running on guile3 master executes python >> code only 2.6 times slower than the CPython python3 interpreter itself. :-) >> >> Have a nice weekend all, >> Mikael >> >>