unofficial mirror of guile-user@gnu.org
From: Damien Mattei <damien.mattei@gmail.com>
To: Matt Wette <matt.wette@gmail.com>
Cc: guile-user@gnu.org
Subject: Re: 2 macros in one expression
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2023 18:25:46 +0200	[thread overview]

the same expression in Scheme would be:

(set! xp (/ (- x (* v t)) (sqrt (- 1 (/ (expt v 2) (expt c 2))))))
> xp
-1102228130.2405226

a bit less readable than:
{xp <- {x - v * t} / (sqrt {1 - v ** 2 / c ** 2})}
-1102228130.2405226

or:
 {xp ← {x - v * t} / (sqrt {1 - v ** 2 / c ** 2})}
-1102228130.2405226

note: i admit the ← is hard to get on keyboards ;-)