unofficial mirror of guile-user@gnu.org
* #guile libera.chat
@ 2021-05-29 16:46 Matt Wette
From: Matt Wette @ 2021-05-29 16:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Guile User

Hi All,

I gather there a move afoot from freenode to libera.
I'd appreciate is someone who has moved sucessfully
could post help here.

In emacs I have a function set to execute

  (erc :server "irc.libera.chat" :port "6667"
     :nick "mwette")

and

(setq erc-autojoin-channels-alist '(("libera.chat" "#guile")))

But I'm not convinced I'm there.

Matt

* RE: #guile libera.chat
@ 2021-05-29 17:10 dsmich
From: dsmich @ 2021-05-29 17:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Matt Wette'; +Cc: 'Guile User'

Greetings Matt,

You also must register your nick with nickserv before you can speak in
the channel.

-Dale

* Re: #guile libera.chat
@ 2021-05-29 18:47 ` Matt Wette
From: Matt Wette @ 2021-05-29 18:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-user

Thanks.   Now I did REGISTER but had typo in my email address.
I'm not sure I can recover from that.  I may need a new nick, right?

On 5/29/21 10:10 AM, dsmich@roadrunner.com wrote:
> Greetings Matt,
>
> You also must register your nick with nickserv before you can speak in
> the channel.
>
> -Dale

* Re: #guile libera.chat
@ 2021-05-31  4:09   ` Max Zettlmeißl
From: Max Zettlmeißl @ 2021-05-31  4:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-user

On Sat, 29 May 2021 at 20:47, Matt Wette <matt.wette@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm not sure I can recover from that.  I may need a new nick, right?

No, just wait a day or two and register again with the same name. Your
registration will be discarded if you don't confirm it with the nonce
that you receive within the registration e-mail.

* Re: #guile libera.chat
@ 2021-06-02 23:09 ` bandali
From: bandali @ 2021-06-02 23:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matt Wette; +Cc: Guile User

Matt Wette writes:

[...]
>  (erc :server "irc.libera.chat" :port "6667"
>     :nick "mwette")
[...]

I'd recommend connecting over an encrypted TLS connection:

(erc-tls :server "irc.libera.chat" :port 6697 :nick "mwette")