unofficial mirror of guile-user@gnu.org
* build git version of Guile
@ 2021-11-01 23:57 Tim Meehan
From: Tim Meehan @ 2021-11-01 23:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-user

So ... building the git version of Guile seems different, I looked around
for an INSTALLING file, and it isn't there (and neither is 'configure') ...
any hints?

* Re: build git version of Guile
@ 2021-11-02  0:11 ` Frank Terbeck
From: Frank Terbeck @ 2021-11-02  0:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-user

Tim Meehan wrote:
> So ... building the git version of Guile seems different, I looked around
> for an INSTALLING file, and it isn't there (and neither is 'configure') ...
> any hints?

The ‘configure’ script itself can be generated. Many projects have
bootstrap or autogen scripts to do that.

Indeed guile uses ‘autogen.sh’.

Guile's documentation contains the procedure in HACKING.

Regards, Frank
                                                  -- RFC 1925

* Re: build git version of Guile
@ 2021-11-05  0:40 ` Aleix Conchillo Flaqué