unofficial mirror of guile-user@gnu.org
* Can not create instance of <complex> class
@ 2021-05-11 13:14 dalanicolai
From: dalanicolai @ 2021-05-11 13:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-user

Footnote (29) of this page
<https://www.gnu.org/software/guile/manual/html_node/Class-Definition.html>
of the manual mentions that the complex is a predefined class in GOOPS.
However when I try to create an instance of the class using

(use-modules (oop goops))
(define test (make <complex>))

guile raises the following exception:

No applicable method for #<<generic> initialize (9)> in call (initialize
#<instance 7fb5dc535680> ())

Searching in guile's source I do find in in the file goops.scm the line

(define-standard-class <complex> (<number>)).

So my question is why the class is predefined while it is not implemented?
It is only because implementation is not yet finished?
Should I design the class myself?

Thanks for your answers!

only message in thread, other threads:[~2021-05-11 13:14 UTC | newest]