unofficial mirror of guile-user@gnu.org
From: Nate Rosenbloom <nate.rosenbloom@gmail.com>
To: Zelphir Kaltstahl <zelphirkaltstahl@posteo.de>
Cc: guile-user <guile-user@gnu.org>
Subject: Re: re-writing algorithms in Guile
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2021 04:09:02 +0000	[thread overview]

Note: Not a Lawyer. But according to this stack exchange thread
https://opensource.stackexchange.com/questions/1798/what-license-options-do-i-have-for-licensing-ported-source-code
(and according to my intuitive understanding of the term) porting code to a
new language would constitute a derivative work since the algorithm itself
stays the same. So you'd need to license the code using whatever provisions
the existing code has for derivative works.
-
Nate