unofficial mirror of guile-user@gnu.org
* guile-sdl2 0.6.0 released
@ 2021-04-13 16:02 Thompson, David
From: Thompson, David @ 2021-04-13 16:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Guile User

Hi everyone,

I have just released guile-sdl2 0.6.0! guile-sdl2 is a Guile wrapper
for the SDL2 game programming library.

This release includes many new bindings:

SDL_ComposeCustomBlendMode
SDL_GetPerformanceCounter
SDL_GetPerformanceFrequency
SDL_GetWindowMaximumSize
SDL_GetWindowMinimumSize
SDL_QueryTexture
SDL_RenderGetIntegerScale
SDL_RenderGetLogicalSize
SDL_RenderGetScale
SDL_RenderGetViewport
SDL_RenderSetIntegerScale
SDL_RenderSetLogicalSize
SDL_RenderSetScale
SDL_RenderSetViewport
SDL_SetRenderDrawBlendMode
SDL_SetWindowMaximumSize
SDL_SetWindowMinimumSize
SDL_SetWindowResizable
TTF_FontAscent
TTF_FontDescent
TTF_FontLineSkip
TTF_GetFontStyle
TTF_GlyphIsProvided
TTF_GlyphMetrics
TTF_SetFontStyle
TTF_SizeUTF8

guile-sdl2 is alpha software, and as such this release includes a few
breaking API changes.  For example, the window-size function now
returns 2 values instead of a list. The API changes are very minor and
were mostly made to reduce allocation.

More information can be found on the project home page:
https://dthompson.us/projects/guile-sdl2.html

Download: https://files.dthompson.us/guile-sdl2/guile-sdl2-0.6.0.tar.gz
Signature: https://files.dthompson.us/guile-sdl2/guile-sdl2-0.6.0.tar.gz.asc

Many thanks to Leo Prikler, Gerry Agbobada, and Hugo Hörnquist for
their contributions to this release!

P.S. - The 2021 Spring Lisp Game Jam
(https://itch.io/jam/spring-lisp-game-jam-2021) is starting on April
16th! It's a 10 day event where participants create a game using their
preferred Lisp dialect. If this sounds interesting to you, consider
making a game with Leo Prikler's visual novel engine Tsukundere
(https://gitlab.com/leoprikler/tsukundere) or my general purpose game
toolkit Chickadee (https://dthompson.us/projects/chickadee.html).

- Dave

* Re: guile-sdl2 0.6.0 released
@ 2021-04-13 18:09 ` Aleix Conchillo Flaqué
From: Aleix Conchillo Flaqué @ 2021-04-13 18:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thompson, David; +Cc: Guile User

This is great. Thank you David!

It seems the download link is not working, I'm getting a 404.

Best,

Aleix

On Tue, Apr 13, 2021 at 9:16 AM Thompson, David
<dthompson2@worcester.edu> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I have just released guile-sdl2 0.6.0! guile-sdl2 is a Guile wrapper
> for the SDL2 game programming library.
>
> This release includes many new bindings:
>
> SDL_ComposeCustomBlendMode
> SDL_GetPerformanceCounter
> SDL_GetPerformanceFrequency
> SDL_GetWindowMaximumSize
> SDL_GetWindowMinimumSize
> SDL_QueryTexture
> SDL_RenderGetIntegerScale
> SDL_RenderGetLogicalSize
> SDL_RenderGetScale
> SDL_RenderGetViewport
> SDL_RenderSetIntegerScale
> SDL_RenderSetLogicalSize
> SDL_RenderSetScale
> SDL_RenderSetViewport
> SDL_SetRenderDrawBlendMode
> SDL_SetWindowMaximumSize
> SDL_SetWindowMinimumSize
> SDL_SetWindowResizable
> TTF_FontAscent
> TTF_FontDescent
> TTF_FontLineSkip
> TTF_GetFontStyle
> TTF_GlyphIsProvided
> TTF_GlyphMetrics
> TTF_SetFontStyle
> TTF_SizeUTF8
>
> guile-sdl2 is alpha software, and as such this release includes a few
> breaking API changes.  For example, the window-size function now
> returns 2 values instead of a list. The API changes are very minor and
> were mostly made to reduce allocation.
>
> More information can be found on the project home page:
> https://dthompson.us/projects/guile-sdl2.html
>
> Download: https://files.dthompson.us/guile-sdl2/guile-sdl2-0.6.0.tar.gz
> Signature: https://files.dthompson.us/guile-sdl2/guile-sdl2-0.6.0.tar.gz.asc
>
> Many thanks to Leo Prikler, Gerry Agbobada, and Hugo Hörnquist for
> their contributions to this release!
>
> P.S. - The 2021 Spring Lisp Game Jam
> (https://itch.io/jam/spring-lisp-game-jam-2021) is starting on April
> 16th! It's a 10 day event where participants create a game using their
> preferred Lisp dialect. If this sounds interesting to you, consider
> making a game with Leo Prikler's visual novel engine Tsukundere
> (https://gitlab.com/leoprikler/tsukundere) or my general purpose game
> toolkit Chickadee (https://dthompson.us/projects/chickadee.html).
>
> - Dave

* Re: [EXT] Re: guile-sdl2 0.6.0 released
@ 2021-04-13 18:17   ` Thompson, David
From: Thompson, David @ 2021-04-13 18:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Aleix Conchillo Flaqué; +Cc: Guile User

On Tue, Apr 13, 2021 at 2:09 PM Aleix Conchillo Flaqué
<aconchillo@gmail.com> wrote:

> This is great. Thank you David!
>
> It seems the download link is not working, I'm getting a 404.

Oops. Someone who shall not be named forgot to run the final command
of their release process. ;)

Try again, should be working!

Thanks for letting me know,

- Dave