unofficial mirror of guile-user@gnu.org
* base64 module
@ 2013-04-30 22:06 Aleix Conchillo Flaqué
From: Aleix Conchillo Flaqué @ 2013-04-30 22:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-user

Hi,

I've been copying a base64.scm file that comes with the tekuti blog in
some of my projects. It seems to me that this should go somewhere else
and I should not copy it over and over again. I think Nala Ginrut also
uses it in his artanis web framework and probably others too.

So, what would be the right place for this? guile-lib? A small new
guile-base64 module now that there is guildhall? I think I already
asked this to Andy a while ago, but I don't recall very well the
answer.

Thanks!

Aleix

* Re: base64 module
@ 2013-05-07 12:14 ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2013-05-07 12:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-user

Aleix Conchillo Flaqué <aconchillo@gmail.com> skribis:

> I've been copying a base64.scm file that comes with the tekuti blog in
> some of my projects. It seems to me that this should go somewhere else
> and I should not copy it over and over again. I think Nala Ginrut also
> uses it in his artanis web framework and probably others too.
>
> So, what would be the right place for this? guile-lib? A small new
> guile-base64 module now that there is guildhall? I think I already
> asked this to Andy a while ago, but I don't recall very well the
> answer.

I think you could make it a guildhall package, and submit it to Ian
Price.

In the longer run, we could also work towards its inclusion in Guile
proper, since that seems to be generally useful.

Ludo’, who also has a base32 module around.