Great! Thank you David! I was able to add g-golf to Guile Homebrew. So it now runs on macOS (see images here [1]). I had to do a couple of changes, see line 33, 34, 35 and also two simple patches at the end of: https://github.com/aconchillo/homebrew-guile/blob/master/Formula/g-golf.rb The changes are: - We need the full path of glib, gobject, etc. They are not always in /usr/lib. For example, guile-gcrypt solves this by specifying --with-libgcrypt-prefix and we can point to /opt/homebrew/ for example. That's what those inreplace lines do. - The configure.ac patch fixes SITEDIR and SITECACHEDIR when --with-guile-site=no. Btw, this is also the case for guile-lib (has the same code). I believe the right paths should be: SITEDIR="$datadir/guile/site/$GUILE_EFFECTIVE_VERSION"; SITECCACHEDIR="$libdir/guile/$GUILE_EFFECTIVE_VERSION/site-ccache"; - The Makefile.am patch places libg-golf in the Guile extensions directory $(libdir)/guile/$(GUILE_EFFECTIVE_VERSION)/extensions, which I believe is the right thing to do. I hope this helps. If all this makes sense I can send patches. Best, Aleix [1] https://emacs.ch/@aconchillo/109519735429741042 On Tue, Dec 13, 2022 at 12:37 PM David Pirotte wrote: > Hello Guilers, > > The first alpha release of the upcoming 0.8.0 release is now available > for testing: > > Tarball and a GPG detached signature [*]: > > http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/g-golf/g-golf-0.8.0-a.1.tar.gz > http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/g-golf/g-golf-0.8.0-a.1.tar.gz.sig > > Dependencies and complete installation instructions are given > in the distributed INSTALL file, or here: > > https://www.gnu.org/software/g-golf/install.html > > You can help by: > > 1. Testing by installing from the tarball, or from the source if you > prefer, on the distro of your choice. > > 2. By running the distributed examples. > > Ultimately, one of the best way to test, and participate, is to select > G-Golf to develop the next application of your dream! Here is an > overview of the GNOME platform libraries [1], accessible using G-Golf. > In particular, libadwaita [2] provides a number of widgets that change > their layout based on the available space. This can be used to make > applications adapt their UI between desktop and mobile devices. > > Contact [3] > > Before you email, or bug report, you could join us on irc, and ping > me there: be patient, I also need to eat, sleep, rest ... but I always > answer, and this my preferred way to quickly interact and fix potential > G-Golf problem(s). > > On irc, we chat :), so please do not write code snipsets there unless 2 > or 3 lines of code, nor error messages of course - for more then 2 or 3 > lines of code, or error messages, always use a tor-friendly paste > service (avoid those that tracks us an require javascript, thanks!) > > However, if you prefer: > > G-Golf uses Guile's mailing lists > Report bugs to bug-g-golf@gnu.org > > Thanks! > David > > [*] Use a .sig file to verify that the corresponding file (without the > .sig suffix) is intact. First, be sure to download both the .sig > file and the corresponding tarball. Then, run a command like this: > > gpg --verify g-golf-0.8.0-a.1.tar.gz > > If that command fails because you don't have the required public > key, then run this command to import it: > > gpg --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv-keys A3057AD7 > > and rerun the 'gpg --verify' command > > > [1] > https://developer.gnome.org/documentation/introduction/overview/libraries.html > [2] https://gnome.pages.gitlab.gnome.org/libadwaita/doc/main/ > [3] https://www.gnu.org/software/g-golf/contact.html >