Hello, That does sound very useful. The only thing that makes me worried is On Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 12:38 PM, Andy Wingo wrote: > On Thu 17 Jan 2013 11:53, Marco Maggi writes: > > The other Scheme implementations using a non-compacting > > garbage collector > Do we want to guarantee that our garbage collector will always be non-compacting, or force major interface changes if it is? (I realize we've already taken out smob mark procedures, but this is in some ways even harder to add back.) I'm not sure this is a big deal, but maybe we should consider what would happen in the future if we did want to change. Using bytevector->pointer is an acceptable cost to pay for flexibility, IMHO. Noah