unofficial mirror of guile-user@gnu.org
* EOF (C-d) behavior in guile + readline.
@ 2010-07-12 19:39 Andrew Bagdanov
From: Andrew Bagdanov @ 2010-07-12 19:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Guile-user

Hi everyone,

First of all, fantastic work on bringing Guile ever closer to the 2.0
release.  I'm having lots of fun playing with all of the new features.

I'm using the latest git master, and am a bit puzzled about the
behavior of C-d (EOF) on recursive repls when readline is active.  On
a recursive repl WITHOUT readline activated, Ctrl-d does what I expect
-- it drops me down to the previous recursive repl.  With readline,
however, it drops me all the way out of Guile completely.  I'm trying
to track this down in the source, but am having trouble identifying
where I should be poking around: in readline.c, readline.scm, in the
main repl code or in some combination of all of these.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

-Andy

* Re: EOF (C-d) behavior in guile + readline.
@ 2010-07-13 21:27 ` Andy Wingo
From: Andy Wingo @ 2010-07-13 21:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bagdanov; +Cc: Guile-user

On Mon 12 Jul 2010 21:39, Andrew Bagdanov <bagdanov@gmail.com> writes:

> First of all, fantastic work on bringing Guile ever closer to the 2.0
> release.  I'm having lots of fun playing with all of the new features.

Thanks!

> I'm using the latest git master, and am a bit puzzled about the
> behavior of C-d (EOF) on recursive repls when readline is active.

Thanks for the tip that C-d worked right without readline, it led me to
the fix, in master now.

Happy hacking,

Andy
--
http://wingolog.org/

* Re: EOF (C-d) behavior in guile + readline.
@ 2010-07-14  5:29   ` Andrew Bagdanov
From: Andrew Bagdanov @ 2010-07-14  5:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andy Wingo; +Cc: Guile-user

On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 11:27 PM, Andy Wingo <wingo@pobox.com> wrote:
> On Mon 12 Jul 2010 21:39, Andrew Bagdanov <bagdanov@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> First of all, fantastic work on bringing Guile ever closer to the 2.0
>> release.  I'm having lots of fun playing with all of the new features.
>
> Thanks!
>
>> I'm using the latest git master, and am a bit puzzled about the
>> behavior of C-d (EOF) on recursive repls when readline is active.
>
> Thanks for the tip that C-d worked right without readline, it led me to
> the fix, in master now.

Yeah, I tracked it down too in buffered-input.scm -- about 7 hours
after you already had a fix in master.  I need to remember to do a git
pull much more regularly.  You guys are just too fast. :)

Nonetheless, it was a fun and educational hunt through Guile.

Thanks!

-Andy