unofficial mirror of guile-user@gnu.org
From: Caspar Kielwein <Caspar@Kielwein.de>
To: Guile User <guile-user@gnu.org>
Subject: Looking for Guile Trainings / Consultant
Date: Wed, 29 May 2024 10:23:52 +0200	[thread overview]

Hi all,

I hope this is an appropriate channel for this type of request. If not
please let me know.

I'm part of a team writing software for entertainment lighting control
systems like those used in concerts, clubs etc.

We've been using guile as an embedded scripting language for a while now
and are quite happy with it.
We are going to expand our use of guile in particular to implement a
user facing command line to drive the control system.

Since no-one in our team is a seasoned schemer we decided to look for
external training, code review, etc
We often hit a spot where we feel like there should be a simple and
elegant solution in a scheme but we just don't know how.

Basic information about the project:
The software is a GUI client for lighting control systems. Its written
in C++ using QT and guile.
We will publish it under a GPL compatible license, (probably GPLv3).
There are no NDAs or other restrictive agreements in place.

I generally prefer in-person trainings, but fully accept that people
might not be in the area and thus fully remote sessions are necessary.
We are based in in Aachen in western Germany.

For anyone who feels like this might for them please contact me with
your hourly or daily rate.
Also feel free to forward my contact to people who might be interested
but are not on this list.

I can also add more information if useful.

Cheers,
Caspar Kielwein