unofficial mirror of guile-user@gnu.org
* [ANN] Guile-DSV 0.5.0 released
@ 2021-12-12 13:30 Artyom V. Poptsov
From: Artyom V. Poptsov @ 2021-12-12 13:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello Guilers,

I'm pleased to announce Guile-DSV 0.5.0:
  https://github.com/artyom-poptsov/guile-dsv/releases/tag/v0.5.0

This release includes an important bugfix for the 'dsv' tool: there was
a bug in '--summary' introduced in 0.4.1 that is now fixed.

Also there are important API changes in 'dsv' options: '--table-borders'
parameter names are changed to be more concise.  And now there's
'--with-header' option that instructs 'dsv' to use the first row of
input data as the table header.

Also I added "org" table preset as suggested by Arne Babenhauserheide --
now 'dsv' can produce a tables compatible with org-mode format.

Please find the full list of user-visible changes below.

* What is Guile-DSV?

Guile-DSV is a library that allows to parse Delimiter-Separated Values
format (DSV).  It supports two flavors of DSV: Unix-style[1] and RFC4180[2].

Also Guile-DSV is shipped with a program named "dsv" that allows to read
and process DSV format (including delimiter change and conversion from
one standard to another.)  See README file for usage examples.

* List of user visible changes

Here's an excerpt from the NEWS file:

* Changes in version 0.5.0 (2021-12-12)
** Bugfixes
*** Fix a regression in =dsv --summary= introduced in 0.4.1
** API changes in the =dsv= tool
    Make table style more configurable by adding new table parameters.  Some
    old parameters are renamed to make the CLI API more consistent.
** =dsv= now handles =--with-header= option
    This option allows to use the first row of data as the table header.

    When pseudo-graphical tables are printed to the screen the first row that
    contains the header now has different style (which is configurable.)

    Thanks to Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide <https://www.draketo.de/> for the
    idea.
** New table preset: "org"
    This preset can be used to generate Emacs org-mode tables from data.

    Thanks to Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide <https://www.draketo.de/> for the
    idea.
** All table presets are updated to provide styles for the header
** New modules
    Some code from the =dsv= tool is moved to separate modules available for
    users:
    - (dsv table)
    - (dsv table-preset)

    See the Texinfo documentation for more info.
** Improve Autotools scripts
** Update Texinfo documentation

Thanks and happy hacking!

- Artyom