unofficial mirror of guile-user@gnu.org
* Re: Pattern matching: what does (= f pat) do?
@ 2022-07-02 16:11 Abhiseck Paira
From: Abhiseck Paira @ 2022-07-02 16:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: vivien; +Cc: guile-user

> Dear guile users,

> The pattern matching manual has a strange description for the (= f pat)
> pattern. It reads:

>     (= field pat)                   a ``field'' of an object

> However, the next example shows how you can apply a function in field
> without having anything to do with a field of an object.

> Based on the given example, and some experiments on my part, I think
> that the description should be:

>     (= f pat) applies f, and matches pat in the result

> Am I correct?

> Vivien

It seems your interpretation is correct!  Thanks to your message I could
figure out what this spec means as it didn't make much sense in the
manual or in srfi-200 documentation[0] (The specification seems to have
been copied verbatim from srfi-200).

[0] https://srfi.schemers.org/srfi-200/srfi-200.html

--
Abhiseck Paira
E34E 825B 979E EB9F 8505  F80E E93D 353B 7740 0709

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Pattern matching: what does (= f pat) do?
@ 2021-08-10 17:20 Vivien Kraus via General Guile related discussions