unofficial mirror of guile-user@gnu.org
* --listen option broken on Mac
@ 2015-12-28  1:06 Matthew Keeter
From: Matthew Keeter @ 2015-12-28  1:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-user

Hi Guile-folks,

I’m having trouble with the --listen option on Guile 2.0.11, Mac OS 10.9.5.

I start up one REPL with “guile --listen”, then connect with “nc localhost 37146”
The netcat window immediately fills with (repeating over and over):

    scheme@(guile-user)> While reading expression:
    ERROR: In procedure fport_fill_input: Resource temporarily unavailable

When I kill the nc process, the REPL crashes with "fport_write: Broken pipe”

I’ve tried running this on a Linux VM and it works fine.

Per discussions on IRC, I tried to run the test suite.  However, the test suite failed
with the message

    ERROR: In procedure scm-error:
    ERROR: no code for module (test-suite lib)

Any suggestions on how to proceed?  Can anyone else on a Mac confirm this issue?

-Matt

* Re: --listen option broken on Mac
@ 2015-12-28 10:44 ` Alex Vong
From: Alex Vong @ 2015-12-28 10:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matthew Keeter; +Cc: guile-user

Matthew Keeter <matt.j.keeter@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi Guile-folks,
>
> I’m having trouble with the --listen option on Guile 2.0.11, Mac OS 10.9.5.
>
> I start up one REPL with “guile --listen”, then connect with “nc localhost 37146”
> The netcat window immediately fills with (repeating over and over):
>
>     scheme@(guile-user)> While reading expression:
>     ERROR: In procedure fport_fill_input: Resource temporarily unavailable
>
> When I kill the nc process, the REPL crashes with "fport_write: Broken pipe”
>
> I’ve tried running this on a Linux VM and it works fine.
>
> Per discussions on IRC, I tried to run the test suite.  However, the
> test suite failed
> with the message
>
>     ERROR: In procedure scm-error:
>     ERROR: no code for module (test-suite lib)

I do not use Mac but I think you can try to run `make check' on the
latest master branch.

Test summary on my Debian laptop:

Totals for this test run:
passes:                 41078