unofficial mirror of guile-user@gnu.org
* [ANN] Shroud 0.1 released
@ 2015-09-29 13:00 David Thompson
From: David Thompson @ 2015-09-29 13:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-user

Hello Guilers,

I am pleased to announce the release of Shroud 0.1.  Shroud is a
simple secret manager with a command line interface.  The password
database is stored as a Scheme s-expression and encrypted with a GnuPG
key.  Secrets consist of an arbitrary number of key/value pairs, making
Shroud suitable for more than just password storage.  For copying and
pasting secrets into web browsers and other graphical applications,
there is xclip integration.

Yes, I know, yet another password manager.  This was to scratch an itch
of mine.  I wasn't happy with any other password management programs
available.  They either didn't use GnuPG or used storage formats that I
didn't like.  For me, the simple s-expression format (just an alist!) is
a big win because of how easy it is to manipulate the structure either
programattically or by hand.

Usage information may be found on Shroud's home page:
http://dthompson.us/pages/software/shroud.html

Bug reports may be sent to me directly.

Download: http://files.dthompson.us/shroud/shroud-0.1.tar.gz

SHA1: c63993f6c8795cc062f0b91b1db09cfbfab908e1

Happy hacking!

--
David Thompson
GPG Key: 0FF1D807

* Re: [ANN] Shroud 0.1 released
@ 2015-09-30 10:35 ` Alex Vong
From: Alex Vong @ 2015-09-30 10:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Thompson; +Cc: guile-user

Hi everyone,

I am new to encryption programs. The only thing I have done so far is
to use GPG to generate myself a key and to sign a tarball. What should
I read next to understand the whole concept of encryption and what can
I do with it to protect my piracy? Do you recommend people new to
encryption programs to try your program? Thanks!

Cheers,
Alex

On 29/09/2015, David Thompson <davet@gnu.org> wrote:
> Hello Guilers,
>
> I am pleased to announce the release of Shroud 0.1.  Shroud is a
> simple secret manager with a command line interface.  The password
> database is stored as a Scheme s-expression and encrypted with a GnuPG
> key.  Secrets consist of an arbitrary number of key/value pairs, making
> Shroud suitable for more than just password storage.  For copying and
> pasting secrets into web browsers and other graphical applications,
> there is xclip integration.
>
> Yes, I know, yet another password manager.  This was to scratch an itch
> of mine.  I wasn't happy with any other password management programs
> available.  They either didn't use GnuPG or used storage formats that I
> didn't like.  For me, the simple s-expression format (just an alist!) is
> a big win because of how easy it is to manipulate the structure either
> programattically or by hand.
>
> Usage information may be found on Shroud's home page:
> http://dthompson.us/pages/software/shroud.html
>
> Bug reports may be sent to me directly.
>
> Download: http://files.dthompson.us/shroud/shroud-0.1.tar.gz
>
> SHA1: c63993f6c8795cc062f0b91b1db09cfbfab908e1
>
> Happy hacking!
>
> --
> David Thompson
> GPG Key: 0FF1D807

* [ANN] [OOPS] Shroud 0.1.1 released
@ 2015-10-01 13:08 ` David Thompson
From: David Thompson @ 2015-10-01 13:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-user

David Thompson <davet@gnu.org> writes:

> I am pleased to announce the release of Shroud 0.1.  Shroud is a
> simple secret manager with a command line interface.  The password
> database is stored as a Scheme s-expression and encrypted with a GnuPG
> key.  Secrets consist of an arbitrary number of key/value pairs, making
> Shroud suitable for more than just password storage.  For copying and
> pasting secrets into web browsers and other graphical applications,
> there is xclip integration.

I made a glaring error in my Makefile.am that caused the main 'shroud'
script to not be installed!  Terrible!  So, there is a 0.1.1 release
that fixes it:

Download: http://files.dthompson.us/shroud/shroud-0.1.1.tar.gz

SHA1: 1cf75b9c562dd7995834e344ca36d71939eca39c

Thanks to ArneBab for actually trying Shroud and pointing this out.
Apologies!

--
David Thompson
GPG Key: 0FF1D807