Hello Tommi, Tommi Höynälänmaa writes: > Hello > > I just installed Guile 2.2.4 to a chroot sid (Debian) > environment. Guile gives the following warnings on startup: > > ---cut here--- > > guile: warning: failed to install locale > warning: failed to install locale: Invalid argument > > ---cut here--- > > Are these something important? > In my experience, these warnings are noncritical. In the past, guix worked fine even with these warngings (they are gone now). I think you would be fine if the guile program you run uses only ascii in I/O (otherwise some garbage characters might get printed). However, I think we should find out the root cause of these warnings. My guess is that this is because guile cannot find locales from glibc. I might investigate using a debian sid chroot later if I have time. >      - Tommi Höynälänmaa Cheers, Alex