unofficial mirror of guile-user@gnu.org
* Potluck, midi -> chiptune
@ 2014-02-17  4:59 Mike Gran
From: Mike Gran @ 2014-02-17  4:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Guile User

For this year's potluck, I wrote prog that converts a MIDI file
into an 8-bit-era chiptune, such as might have been rendered by
a Game Boy or SNES.

It is here:

  https://github.com/spk121/furry-nemesis

Specifically it converts a file named tmp.midi
(that must be in the current directory) to a file named
tmp.wav.

I'll be honest: this code is just a couple of days old, and
it is really raw. Incomplete and painfully slow.  But, it
is good for a laugh.

I'll fix it up over the next couple of weeks, if I can
find some spare time.

-Mike Gran

* Re: Potluck, midi -> chiptune
@ 2014-02-18 11:08 ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2014-02-18 11:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-user

Hi!

Mike Gran <spk121@yahoo.com> skribis:

> For this year's potluck, I wrote prog that converts a MIDI file
> into an 8-bit-era chiptune, such as might have been rendered by
> a Game Boy or SNES.
>

> It is here:
>
>   https://github.com/spk121/furry-nemesis

Neat!

I confirm it does the job (and does it CPU-intensively ;-)).  I’m
impressed that this can be done in so few lines of code actually.

Thanks!

Ludo’.

* Re: Potluck, midi -> chiptune
@ 2014-04-18 20:16 ` Andy Wingo
From: Andy Wingo @ 2014-04-18 20:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mike Gran; +Cc: Guile User

On Mon 17 Feb 2014 05:59, Mike Gran <spk121@yahoo.com> writes:

> For this year's potluck, I wrote prog that converts a MIDI file
> into an 8-bit-era chiptune, such as might have been rendered by
> a Game Boy or SNES.
>
> It is here:
>
> https://github.com/spk121/furry-nemesis

This is really neat!  I'm late to the party but I just wanted to enthuse
:-))

Cheers,

Andy
--