unofficial mirror of guile-user@gnu.org
* c99 support
@ 2018-06-23 20:12 Andy Wingo
From: Andy Wingo @ 2018-06-23 20:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-user

Hi,

Is there anyone who compiles Guile with a compiler that does not support
C99?  If so, please give platform and compiler.

I think my questions are limited to, in decreasing order of importance:

  * Is there any system that we target that doesn't have C99 stdint.h
    and stddef.h ?

  * Is there any system that we target that doesn't support C99 inline
    functions?

  * C99 mixed decls and statements?

  * C99 one-line comments (// foo) ?

  * C99 compound literals? ((struct x) { 1, 2 }) ?

  * stdbool.h

I would like to use C99 inside Guile, and I want to eventually replace
scm_t_uint8 with uint8_t.

Thanks,

Andy

[parent not found: <878t7548ta.fsf@pobox.com>]