unofficial mirror of guile-user@gnu.org
* Where can I find the pdf version of the guile documentation?
@ 2006-10-09 20:15 shrek
From: shrek @ 2006-10-09 20:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

I need the printable version of "Reference Manual for Guile 1.8"  and
"How to Extend C Programs with Guile", it is painful to read it on line!
why not provide us printable version of the guile documentation?

* Re: Where can I find the pdf version of the guile documentation?
@ 2006-10-12 14:50 ` Jon Wilson
From: Jon Wilson @ 2006-10-12 14:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Shrek,
I believe that when you download the guile-1.8 source, that the
documentation comes along with it as texinfo.  You can make pdf, ps,
whatever, from the texinfo source.
Regards,
Jon

@ 2006-10-12 22:34   ` Neil Jerram
From: Neil Jerram @ 2006-10-12 22:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jon Wilson <j85wilson@fastmail.fm> writes:

> Hi Shrek,
> I believe that when you download the guile-1.8 source, that the
> documentation comes along with it as texinfo.  You can make pdf, ps,
> whatever, from the texinfo source.
> Regards,
> Jon

Indeed.  If you have a guile-1.8 tarball, just cd to doc/ref and do
"make dvi", followed by dvips or whatever works on your system to
print from dvi.

(Or, if you really don't want to do this yourself, let me know
privately and I'll send you a .dvi or .ps.)

Regards,
     Neil

* Re: Where can I find the pdf version of the guile documentation?
@ 2006-10-13  7:44     ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2006-10-13  7:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: guile-user

Hi,

Neil Jerram <neil@ossau.uklinux.net> writes:

> Indeed.  If you have a guile-1.8 tarball, just cd to doc/ref and do
> "make dvi", followed by dvips or whatever works on your system to
> print from dvi.
>
> (Or, if you really don't want to do this yourself, let me know
> privately and I'll send you a .dvi or .ps.)

Maybe we could make all those formats available from
http://www.gnu.org/manual/ in the same way most other projects do (e.g.,
http://www.gnu.org/software/gnutls/manual/)?

Thanks,
Ludovic.

* Re: Where can I find the pdf version of the guile documentation?
@ 2006-10-13 10:18     ` shrek
From: shrek @ 2006-10-13 10:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Neil Jerram <neil <at> ossau.uklinux.net> writes:
>
> Indeed.  If you have a guile-1.8 tarball, just cd to doc/ref and do
> "make dvi", followed by dvips or whatever works on your system to
> print from dvi.
>
> (Or, if you really don't want to do this yourself, let me know
> privately and I'll send you a .dvi or .ps.)
>
> Regards,
>      Neil

It will be very great if you send me the printable version.
my email is shrekqiu@hotmail.com
Thank you very much.

* Re: Where can I find the pdf version of the guile documentation?
@ 2006-10-14 13:14       ` Neil Jerram
From: Neil Jerram @ 2006-10-14 13:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

ludovic.courtes@laas.fr (Ludovic Courtès) writes:

> Hi,
>
> Neil Jerram <neil@ossau.uklinux.net> writes:
>
>> Indeed.  If you have a guile-1.8 tarball, just cd to doc/ref and do
>> "make dvi", followed by dvips or whatever works on your system to
>> print from dvi.
>>
>> (Or, if you really don't want to do this yourself, let me know
>> privately and I'll send you a .dvi or .ps.)
>
> Maybe we could make all those formats available from
> http://www.gnu.org/manual/ in the same way most other projects do (e.g.,
> http://www.gnu.org/software/gnutls/manual/)?

Yes, that would be good.  Any idea how we can set it up?

Regards,
     Neil

* Re: Where can I find the pdf version of the guile documentation?
@ 2006-10-27  8:12       ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2006-10-27  8:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: guile-user

Hi,

ludovic.courtes@laas.fr (Ludovic Courtès) writes:

> Maybe we could make all those formats available from
> http://www.gnu.org/manual/ in the same way most other projects do (e.g.,
> http://www.gnu.org/software/gnutls/manual/)?

The manual for Guile 1.8.1 (the latest stable release) is now available
in a variety of formats at http://www.gnu.org/software/guile/manual/ .

Thanks,
Ludovic.