unofficial mirror of guile-user@gnu.org
* [ANN] gucu: guile ncurses v0.1
@ 2008-06-03 12:25 Mike Gran
From: Mike Gran @ 2008-06-03 12:25 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Guile User

Hi-

I've updated a Guile library that wraps most of the ncurses library.

This release adds wrappers for the forms and panel libraries.  It is still an alpha: documentation for form, panel, and menu libraries are incomplete; test suite is incomplete for form, panel and menu libraries.

It lives at http://gano.sourceforge.net/

It works for me on GNU/Linux and Cygwin.

Thanks,

Mike Gran

* Re: [ANN] gucu: guile ncurses v0.1
@ 2008-06-03 13:02 ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2008-06-03 13:02 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: guile-user

Hello,

Mike Gran <spk121@yahoo.com> writes:

> I've updated a Guile library that wraps most of the ncurses library.

The documentation already looks quite large, which is nice!

Is the forum also accessible as a mailing list, or could it be made so?

Thanks,
Ludovic.

* Re: [ANN] gucu: guile ncurses v0.1
@ 2008-06-03 15:24 Mike Gran
From: Mike Gran @ 2008-06-03 15:24 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: guile-user

> From: Ludovic Courtès <ludo@gnu.org>

> Is the forum also accessible as a mailing list, or could it be made so?

It is true that Sourceforge forums are terrible. The bug tracker is okay, though.

I'm hesitant to do much beyond what Sourceforge provides, since this project will always have extremely limited appeal.

You might have noted that every message in the forum is written by me, and occasionally replied to by me.   I do it solely to keep my activity rating high, so my project shows up at the top of the listings. :-)

--

@ 2008-06-03 15:43 ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2008-06-03 15:43 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: guile-user

Mike Gran <spk121@yahoo.com> writes:

>> From: Ludovic Courtès <ludo@gnu.org>
>
>> Is the forum also accessible as a mailing list, or could it be made so?
>
> It is true that Sourceforge forums are terrible. The bug tracker is okay, though.
>
> I'm hesitant to do much beyond what Sourceforge provides, since this project will always have extremely limited appeal.

I thought SF also allowed you to create mailing lists, hence my
question.

> You might have noted that every message in the forum is written by me, and occasionally replied to by me.   I do it solely to keep my activity rating high, so my project shows up at the top of the listings. :-)

Yeah, but they appeared to be worthy reading, which is why I'd be happy
to follow it with my favorite mail or news reader.  :-)

Thanks,
Ludovic.

* Re: [ANN] gucu: guile ncurses v0.1
@ 2008-06-03 18:21 Mike Gran
From: Mike Gran @ 2008-06-03 18:21 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: guile-user

> From: Ludovic Courtès <ludo@gnu.org>
> I thought SF also allowed you to create mailing lists, hence my
> question.

Doh!  I disabled that feature so long ago, I'd forgotton its existence.