Andy Wingo writes: > power to them; perhaps there is room for an unofficial Guile development > branch. Just that again -- and I really hate to be negative here -- I How about taking this at literal value and creating an ugg8-repository: Unofficial GNU Guile 1.8? That carries with it the connotations of keeping to plain, strong values without fundamental changes, and picking up from the 8, so it isn’t limited to the minor number behind 1.8.x (with x > 8). Best wishes, Arne -- Unpolitisch sein heißt politisch sein ohne es zu merken