unofficial mirror of guile-user@gnu.org
* Scsh is not GUSH
@ 2006-06-30 21:09 Keith Wright
From: Keith Wright @ 2006-06-30 21:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

> From: ludovic.courtes@laas.fr (Ludovic =?iso-8859-1?Q?Court=E8s?=)
>
> Hi,
>
> Does any old-time Guile user have a copy of GUSH (GNU User's Shell)?
> I contacted its author, Michael FIG (aka. Gordon Matzigkeit), but he
> couldn't find the source.
>
> Thanks,
> Ludovic.

Hi, I have been subscribed to this list, with some techical
lapses, since about the middle of 1998, that probably makes
me old-time, but I never use Guile, and I have no copy of GUSH.

I was about to advise you to port SCSH to Guile and say it
is GUSH.  To that end I checked the Scsh FAQ for licence and
copyright issues, and found there this text:

> There is also a near-complete port of scsh to the Guile interpreter
> by Gary Houston, which you can access by cvsweb at
> http://subversions.gnu.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/guile/guile-scsh/.
> It needs the `guilerxspencer' and `rxspencer' packages,
>  available at http://arglist.com/guile/.

The Scsh FAQ came up about third from the top in a Google
search for "scsg scheme shell".

--
     -- Keith Wright  <kwright@free-comp-shop.com>

Programmer in Chief, Free Computer Shop <http://www.free-comp-shop.com>
         ---  Food, Shelter, Source code.  ---

* Re: Scsh is not GUSH
@ 2006-06-30 22:07 ` Keith Wright
From: Keith Wright @ 2006-06-30 22:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

> The Scsh FAQ came up about third from the top in a Google
> search for "scsg scheme shell".

Of course, that should be a search for "scsh scheme shell".

     -- Keith

* Re: Scsh is not GUSH
@ 2006-07-04  8:22 ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2006-07-04  8:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: guile-user

Hi,

Keith Wright <kwright@keithdiane.us> writes:

> Hi, I have been subscribed to this list, with some techical
> lapses, since about the middle of 1998, that probably makes
> me old-time, but I never use Guile, and I have no copy of GUSH.
>
> I was about to advise you to port SCSH to Guile and say it
> is GUSH.  To that end I checked the Scsh FAQ for licence and
> copyright issues, and found there this text:

Actually, one of the reasons why I was interested in GUSH initially is
that it's the first answer one gets when searching the web for "guile
argp", i.e., GUSH apparently contained an implementation in Scheme of
GNU `argp' [0].  So I'm afraid SCSH won't help for this specific
purpose.  :-)

Thanks,
Ludovic.

[0] http://www.gnu.org/software/libc/manual/html_node/Argp.html#Argp