unofficial mirror of guile-user@gnu.org
* gds or guile debugging
@ 2014-10-31 14:19 Lawrence Bottorff
From: Lawrence Bottorff @ 2014-10-31 14:19 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: guile-user

I'm having trouble getting guile's gds installed and running. I keep
getting

error in process filter: Wrong type argument: listp, Backtrace: [2 times]

Docs say I should have the three gds...el files in guile's "load path". But
apparently I don't know how to do this properly. Or maybe I've got outdated
gds files?

BTW, if gds is not the way to go, can anyone suggest a different way to
debug guile inside of geiser/emacs?

Thanks,
LB

* Re: gds or guile debugging
@ 2014-11-01  0:12 ` Matt Wette
From: Matt Wette @ 2014-11-01  0:12 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Lawrence Bottorff; +Cc: guile-user

maybe try geiser
(I used gds w/ guile 1.8, not using geiser w/ guile 2.0.11)

On Oct 31, 2014, at 7:19 AM, Lawrence Bottorff <borgauf@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm having trouble getting guile's gds installed and running. I keep getting
>
> error in process filter: Wrong type argument: listp, Backtrace: [2 times]
>
> Docs say I should have the three gds...el files in guile's "load path". But apparently I don't know how to do this properly. Or maybe I've got outdated gds files?
>
> BTW, if gds is not the way to go, can anyone suggest a different way to debug guile inside of geiser/emacs?
>
> Thanks,
> LB

* Re: gds or guile debugging
@ 2014-11-01 14:12   ` Lawrence Bottorff
From: Lawrence Bottorff @ 2014-11-01 14:12 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: guile-user

geiser doesn't have any sort of guile debugging, does it? In general, how
does one run a debugger for guile 2?

On Fri, Oct 31, 2014 at 8:12 PM, Matt Wette <mwette@alumni.caltech.edu>
wrote:

> maybe try geiser
> (I used gds w/ guile 1.8, not using geiser w/ guile 2.0.11)
>
> On Oct 31, 2014, at 7:19 AM, Lawrence Bottorff <borgauf@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I'm having trouble getting guile's gds installed and running. I keep
> getting
> >
> > error in process filter: Wrong type argument: listp, Backtrace: [2 times]
> >
> > Docs say I should have the three gds...el files in guile's "load path".
> But apparently I don't know how to do this properly. Or maybe I've got
> outdated gds files?
> >
> > BTW, if gds is not the way to go, can anyone suggest a different way to
> debug guile inside of geiser/emacs?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > LB

* Re: gds or guile debugging
@ 2014-11-10 14:08     ` Jan Nieuwenhuizen
From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen @ 2014-11-10 14:08 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Lawrence Bottorff; +Cc: guile-user

Lawrence Bottorff writes:

> geiser doesn't have any sort of guile debugging, does it? In general,
> how does one run a debugger for guile 2?

When you start guile interactively, you're already in the debugger and
that's what Geiser uses.

    $ guile
    Enter `,help' for help.
    scheme@(guile-user)> ,help debug

I have a prototype integration with Emacs GUD, see

    http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2014-08/msg00094.html

Greetings,
Jan

--