unofficial mirror of guile-user@gnu.org
* Looking for a computation benchmark in Guile
@ 2022-11-10 18:35 Olivier Dion via General Guile related discussions
From: Olivier Dion via General Guile related discussions @ 2022-11-10 18:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-user

Hi,

In my research on dynamic instrumentation, I would like to see what's
the runtime overhead of dynamically patching function entry/exit with my
tool.  I can already patch every libguile function dynamically, I just
need to see what's the impact on the runtime now.

Here's the specification of such benchmark:

 1. No I/O
 2. No delimited computation (no rewind of the stack)
 3. No foreign call
 4. Can be multi-thread (would be great actually)
 5. Reproducible (pure computation are great candidate)

Also, maybe there's already standardized benchmark also for Scheme.  If
so a link to them or an implementation in Guile would be awesome.

If you have a scenario like that, please contact me!

--
Olivier Dion
oldiob.dev

* Re: Looking for a computation benchmark in Guile
@ 2022-11-10 20:37 ` Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide
From: Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide @ 2022-11-10 20:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Olivier Dion; +Cc: guile-user