unofficial mirror of guile-user@gnu.org
* Guile-GDBM 1.1.1 available
@ 2021-12-19  7:24 Thien-Thi Nguyen
From: Thien-Thi Nguyen @ 2021-12-19  7:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-sources; +Cc: guile-user

release notes:

  Although the README mentions GNU dbm 1.19, this is really only a
  maintenance release, w/o any new features post 1.10.  We'll get to
  that good stuff sooner or later.

  OTOH, things work fine w/ Guile 2.2.7, as advertized.

README excerpt:

  Guile-GDBM is a Guile module that provides Scheme bindings to the
  GNU dbm library.  It was originally written by Martin Grabmüller
  and is now released under the GNU General Public License (GPL)
  version 3.

NEWS for 1.1.1 (2021-12-19):

  - portability tweak

    Previous versions of Guile-GDBM were developed on a 32-bit host,
    where ‘sizeof (size_t)’ and ‘sizeof (int)’ were interchangeable
    (identical value of 4).  Although the code as written compiled
    fine on 64-bit hosts, where those two expressions can have
    different values, it caused runtime errors, notably in the
    ‘gdbm-getopt’ procedure.  This is now fixed.

  - bootstrap/maintenance tools

    upgraded:

     Guile-BAUX 20211208.0839.a5245e7
     GNU gnulib 2021-12-10 21:54:54
     GNU Autoconf 2.71
     GNU Automake 1.16.5
     GNU texinfo 6.8

    as before:

     (none)

source code in dir:

  https://www.gnuvola.org/software/guile-gdbm/

--
Thien-Thi Nguyen -----------------------------------------------
 (defun responsep (query)               ; (2021) Software Libero

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Guile-GDBM 1.1.1 available
@ 2021-12-19 12:23 ` Ricardo Wurmus
From: Ricardo Wurmus @ 2021-12-19 12:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thien-Thi Nguyen; +Cc: guile-user, guile-sources

Congrats on the release!

Thien-Thi Nguyen <ttn@gnuvola.org> writes:

> release notes:
>
>   Although the README mentions GNU dbm 1.19, this is really only a
>   maintenance release, w/o any new features post 1.10.  We'll get to
>   that good stuff sooner or later.
>
>   OTOH, things work fine w/ Guile 2.2.7, as advertized.

I wonder why your releases all seem to target Guile 2 as opposed to
Guile 3, which has been released in early 2020.  Will this also work
with Guile 3?

--
Ricardo

* Re: Guile-GDBM 1.1.1 available