unofficial mirror of guile-user@gnu.org
* Spritely Goblins v0.10 released for both Guile and Racket!
@ 2023-01-30 21:12 Christine Lemmer-Webber
From: Christine Lemmer-Webber @ 2023-01-30 21:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-user

Hey everyone!  I'm excited to announce a *huge* release of Goblins!
The whole engineering team (Jessica Tallon, David Thompson, and of
course myself) have been plugging away hard on this release and now
we're thrilled to announce Goblins 0.10 for both Guile and Racket:

  https://spritely.institute/news/spritely-goblins-v010-for-guile-and-racket.html

It's already available in Guix!

  guix pull
  guix install guile-goblins

There's a lot here, I'm going to focus mainly on the Guile version since
this is guile-users:

 - Racket and Guile versions of guile-goblins programs can both now
   collaborate and communicate seamlessly over the network!
 - Live hacking has never been easier with the new ,enter-vat REPL
   command!
 - You can now plug in your own event loops (GTK, chickadee, etc)!
 - Dramatically updated info manual!
 - A nice HTML rendering of said manual!
   https://spritely.institute/files/docs/guile-goblins/0.10/index.html

And... and... AND!

The Guile version of Goblins is now the OFFICIAL version of Spritely
Goblins!  While the Racket version will be continued to be maintained
for interoperability, we made the decision to prioritize the Guile
version as the version we'll be focusing on going forward.

For more about Goblins, read its homepage:

  https://spritely.institute/goblins/

Or the Heart of Spritely whitepaper!

  https://spritely.institute/static/papers/spritely-core.html

That's all!  If you make something cool with Goblins, please let us
know!

 - Christine Lemmer-Webber, Spritely Institute CTO

* Re: Spritely Goblins v0.10 released for both Guile and Racket!
@ 2023-01-30 22:03 ` Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide
From: Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide @ 2023-01-30 22:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christine Lemmer-Webber; +Cc: guile-user