unofficial mirror of guile-user@gnu.org
* Re: libguile on Windows
@ 2005-10-10 23:23 Dylan Nicholson
From: Dylan Nicholson @ 2005-10-10 23:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: guile-user

>> .x files are attached.  These are from the 1.6.x branch in CVS, so may
>> not match your codebase exactly, but any discrepancies should be
>> trivial to resolve - let me know if you need help with any such
>> problems.
>>
>>      Neil
>>
> Thank you so much.  Now I get
>
> Backtrace:
> In unknown file:
>   ?: 0* [for-each #<procedure set-system-module! (m s)> ...
>   ?: 1*  (list the-root-module the-scm-module)
>
> <unnamed port>: In expression (list the-root-module the-scm-module):
> <unnamed port>: Unbound variable: list

Thought I knew what the problem was here, but no such luck...

The line
scm_c_define_gsubr (s_list, 0, 0, 1, (SCM (*)()) scm_list_copy);

from list.x didn't compile at first, so I tried commenting it out, then
adding
static char s_list[]="list";

to list.c (it was only in read.c)

Still, seems like at least some progress!

* Re: libguile on Windows
@ 2005-10-10 23:43 Dylan Nicholson
From: Dylan Nicholson @ 2005-10-10 23:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: guile-user

>> Thank you so much.  Now I get
>>
>> Backtrace:
>> In unknown file:
>>   ?: 0* [for-each #<procedure set-system-module! (m s)> ...
>>   ?: 1*  (list the-root-module the-scm-module)
>>
>> <unnamed port>: In expression (list the-root-module the-scm-module):
>> <unnamed port>: Unbound variable: list
>>

> Thought I knew what the problem was here, but no such luck...
>
> The line
> scm_c_define_gsubr (s_list, 0, 0, 1, (SCM (*)()) scm_list_copy);
>
> from list.x didn't compile at first, so I tried commenting it out, then
> adding
> static char s_list[]="list";
>
> to list.c (it was only in read.c)
>
> Still, seems like at least some progress!

I replaced the line listed above from list.x with

scm_c_define_gsubr (s_scm_list, 0, 0, 1, (SCM (*)()) scm_list);
And now the following C++ program runs and prints "Hello world":

#include <iostream>
#include "libguile.h"
#include "libguile\gh.h"

static void
main_with_guile (void *, int argc, char ** argv)
{
 std::cout << "Hello ";
 scm_c_eval_string("(display \"world!\n\")");
}

int main(int argc, char* argv[])
{
 scm_boot_guile (argc, argv, main_with_guile, 0);
 return 0;
}

* Re: libguile on Windows
@ 2005-10-10 22:52 Dylan Nicholson
From: Dylan Nicholson @ 2005-10-10 22:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: guile-user

Sorry for the top-post, but now I'm pretty sure I know what the problem is.

I wasn't sure how to create the .x files, so I simply created them all as
blank files!
Obviously this isn't right, so if anyone can send me the .x files, or simple
instructions on how to create them *without* any GNU tools, that would be
great.

From: Dylan Nicholson @ 2005-10-10 22:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: guile-user

[parent not found: <001f01c5ca06$9a957db0$6401a8c0@DORIAN>]